New on THE KINDCRAFT
Events — North America
Events — Asia + Australia
Business + Entrepreneurship
Notable articles you may have missed...
MPs are to investigate the environmental impact of throwaway “fast fashion” in the UK amid growing concerns that the multi-billion pound industry is wasting valuable resources and contributing to climate change.
Dene-Hern Chen with great reporting on Rohingya refugees working under the radar in Bangladesh’s garment factories.
Burberry destroyed unsold clothes, accessories and perfume worth £28.6m last year to protect its brand.
How big tech companies are co-opting "handmade" design cues in an attempt to humanize their product offerings.
A Round-Up of Sustainability Articles!
- Lucy Siegel (whose new book on reversing the flood of consumer plastics was recently released in the UK) with 10 bold predictions for how fashion might get greener.
- Céline Semaan (one of the organizers of the Study Hall LA event mentioned earlier) shares her thoughts on how sustainable fashion can only work when it's inclusive .
- A fascinating piece by The Outline on how use of cement in "sustainable economy" projects might, in fact, prevent our society from achieving its climate goals.
- Asos launches an initiative to educate its designers on sustainability.
- This startup wants your next T-shirt to be made from wood.
- ELLE UK Dedicates September Issue To Sustainability.
- Designing the Death of a Plastic.
Wrapping Up / Looking Ahead
That's a Wrap!
- Want to sponsor an issue of THE KINDCRAFT BRIEF? (Details here!)
- Our reader-supported online magazine has no ads or sponsored content. Join the list of wonderful people who underwrite THE KINDCRAFT's stories via our Patreon community;
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter;
- Buy something from our online shop;
- Send us a note to let us know what you think.